Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there
Toddler shoes?
We live in an area where zero of these shoes are sold in stores, so I have to buy them online. Does anyone know how these shoes run? big or small or wide?, etc. My DS has wide feet, I think. I would also love to hear about quality, if anyone has a comment. I have checked on other posts and it seems like people really love the Livie and Lucas and that Prescoolians are popular. We probably won't buy robeez but I'm throwing them in for good measure. We wanta soft-soled toddler shoe and we are graudating from the soft-soled infant robeez.
TIA!

--prescoolians
--see kai run
--livie and luca
--robeez (the toddler shoes, I'm forgetting the name)

·
Premium Member
15,952 Posts
I only know about See Kai Run, they run wide. They were the only shoes DD2 could wear as a toddler, she had fat little feet.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ThankS!

Does anyone know about Livie and Luca? They make really cute shoes.

Also prescoolians.....they seem to have a system for narrow/wide feet but I'm wondering about overall length? Do they seem to run big?

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
livie and luca has a great size chart to print out but make sure you check the print to scale box or else the sizing will be off.

i've found that they are a little wide, which is AWESOME imo, like birkenstocks or something there's a lot of room for feet.

they run just about even with see kai run size wise and if anything are a little wider. my dd has 9's in booth and while they are both too big, the livie and lucas stay on her feet and the skrs slip off.

i really like softstarshoes.com, i just visited their workshop this week and they are SO cool, they are also having a 50% off sale right now and have quite a few smaller sizes. handmade in the usa out of all natural materials, the moccasins are really amazingly sturdy.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Preschoolians are definitely cheaply made, but not cheap in price. I bought a pair for DS that were the Robeez style but had a soft flexible rubber sole and the top of the shoe wore off pretty much completely after only a month or so and he was not crawling all that much. The fit was great though, as they send you insoles for narrow, medium, and wide feet, so you can really customize the fit.

See Kai Run are super, duper wide (DS is super narrow footed), but they are very durable. I had a pair of sandals for him, and was able to cinch them up tight enough that they wouldn't fall off, and they went through three kids, and are still in great shape. The sole is VERY flexible too. LOVE, LOVE them, but really wish they came in narrow sizes.

DS tried on a pair of the Robeez toddler shoes once, and they were relatively narrow, and flexible, but they seemed a bit pricey for the quality. I didn't buy them, so I can't really say how they hold up, but I wasn't over the top impressed with them.

I have never seen Livie and Luca shoes, so can't comment on them.

Hope that helps some!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks everyone

I bought a pair of Preschoolians a few days ago, when they came I realized that I had measured wrong and the shoes are WAY too big and don't even stay on my babe's feet. I bought a size 23, which translates to a size 7 according to their chart. So I decided to keep the Prescoolians and go for Live and Lucas (which were my favorites anyway....so cute!). When I measured for the Livie and Lucas I came up with the same size...size 7, we'll see if they are way too big also (like maybe I'm just measuring wrong?) or if the Prescollians just run big.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.