Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi!
i just finished my 1st fern & faierie soaker and it is huge- it goes up to my dd's chest!
i was generous with the measurements, but it is way too big (could fit me!)
any suggestions for shrinking it to the right size without going too small?

(has this happened to anyone else?- what did i do wrong?)

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
If you find it is too tall for your needs, decrease the rise measurement by an inch or two, then recompute.

I would not make your sizing generous - the pattern was written to accomodate that already! If anything, err on the small side!

If you want to try shrinking it a bit, put it in a zippered pillow cover, throw it in the washing machine with a pair of jeans, set it on small load & start running a hot wash with a little bit of soap. Check it every couple minutes of agitation, and take it out when it's small enough. Don't let it spin or rinse - do all that by hand! Do this at your own risk, though - every yarn felts differently, and this may or may not solve the problem. It could end up shrinking mostly width-wise, and then you'd end up with a really tall soaker that you can't get on the baby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.