Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did this with my first pregnancy, and I thought it was just an oddity, but now I'm doing it with this one too!

The 'entering the second trimester shrink'. My stomach goes down in size. I have no idea why. Bloating, maybe? It's still popped out, but less notably so then a few weeks ago. I'm visibly smaller. I notice, DH notices... it's very odd. Is there any logical reason for this? Does anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
omg thank you!!! i JUST noticed this TODAY! this morning i got up and was like "What the hell?? Where did my belly go???"
i have no idea why and i don't remember it happening with DS...at least we're not alone, right???

·
Registered
404 Posts
me too! I think it's because the swelling / bloating lets up in the second trimester. I definitely still look pregnant - but not as much! This same thing happened with my first pregnancy. Two steps forward, one step back...

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm SOOOOO glad to hear other mamas say this is happening to them, too! :LOL

I haven't lost any weight, I just haven't gained any!

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was just about to post this, too!

I have only lost 2 lbs, but I feel smaller than usual.

Perhaps this has to do with the fluid volume in our bodies lessening now that the placenta is fully functional?

I have gained about 9 lbs at 15 weeks. I think half of it is from craving so many carbs during the nausea phase. Would others care to share their weight gain, since I can only go by what the books say?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I've gained around 6lbs total. Same as last time.

I had only gained 9lbs until around the 7th month, then gained 15lbs in ONE month and steadily gained until my final count got to 50.
I caught up real fast!

·
Registered
7,632 Posts
just wait! you will wake up in a few weeks and go WHAT THE %^& where did that belly come from!! ~from the nov. board :LOL at least thats what happened to me

·
Registered
970 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellyb
I am the same way. I'm back into my pre-preg pants, no weight loss just less bloat. It's nice isn't it?
Hm, I've lost a pound and my pre-preg pants are still packed away until next year.
:
: :LOL

·
Registered
614 Posts
I was thinking the same thing yesterday! Too funny. I've gained 11 lbs. i was worried but then thought - well, if I gain 10 lbs. per trimester, I'll be o.k. But I know it doesn't work that way! I gained 50 with DD and lost 45 in 6 weeks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I had seriously bad bloat this time around. My whole digestive system was in an uproar, and I've never had bloating so bad. Until last week, and then I shrunk. Not down to "normal," but down considerably.

I'm looking forward to some actual belly that I know is due to baby.

Oh, and I gained 8 lbs in the first ten weeks, I think from the combo bloat, water retention, and constant nibbling to stave off the pukes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts