Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old and I'm so tired of them fighting. They do play well together with structured time, but with free play, the fighting is increasing.

My 4 year old is also getting really aggressive towards the 2 year old.

How do you incourage loving, caring, supporting siblings?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
hi, my kids are 5 and almost 3. We are just coming out of a heavy fighting period, so I think it may have something to do with the age. I read siblings without rivalry, but i read here about one of the options not working well that they give,, which was ignoring whichever child hurts the other.... that just created more jealousy. What really started to turn my kids around (although they still fight quite a bit, it is less now) was that whenever one child is hurt or sad bc of the other one, i make the other one comfort the hurt one. For my kids its a hug.... other kids may just want a pat on the back or something. I think it brings back nice feelings for each other and ends trouble on a positive note....

the older my kids get the more they play together and the more they seem to gang up on me
: . They act crazy and feed off each other when Im trying to get them ready for bed.. or in the car when im trying to drive..... makes me nuts, but at least they arent fighting so much anymore!!! LOL

I have a quote for you....."sometimes just listen and be sympathetic, you can be sympathetic to both sides"

this has helped me often.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.