Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if this forum is the best place to post my question.....anyways, I have a 7 1/2 month old daughter. Tues morning she had some diarrhea and a low 99-100 temp. As the day went on her temp was 100-101, now (wednesday) she has no diarrhea and still has a fever, but it is 101 to as high as 102.7 at times. Should I be concerned? I gave her some tylenol to help her sleep last night, but I'm really not a fan of medicating. Any other helpful tips or suggestions would be great! I'm a first time mom and don't want to over react, but I also don't want to miss something that could be serious.......HELP!!

· Registered
76 Posts
is she cutting a new tooth? it could be that, though i don't know if a fever hanging around past a day (and still rising off and on) is typical with teething. from what i have experienced and heard they are about a day of fever and it quickly goes away. i know you said you don't want to medicate but motrin is really helpful with fevers and would give her some relief. keep an eye on the fever because that can get dangerous

· Registered
27,266 Posts
Nevermind, you were sharing the results from getting her checked out.

Be sure to give her the full course of treatment (barring side effects that aren't helped by probiotics). I can't help remembering a lady I know who had strep 5 times in one year and kept telling me how "lucky" it was that she still had antibiotics left because she stopped taking them when the symptoms eased--still have no idea how she didn't make the connection.

· Registered
1,223 Posts
my dd had strep a few months ago, i had it, i ended up in the er twice and our ped twice FINALLY they tested her on our second trip to the er. They didn't test her because its so uncommon.

Hope your lo feels better soon!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.