Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this is TMI, but had to ask. Poor DH...I hadn't been interested in sex in probably 2 months and now that I am, I get sick afterward! Nauseous for a minute and then actually physically ill. Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm no expert. But have you been physically active the past two months? If you haven't, maybe sex is too vigorous of an activity for you right now? Maybe you should work on your flexiblity and stamina before giving it a go. So your body can get use to it's changes in blood volume and everything else before the deed?

Like I said- I'm no expert.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ORLY? View Post
I'm no expert. But have you been physically active the past two months? If you haven't, maybe sex is too vigorous of an activity for you right now? Maybe you should work on your flexiblity and stamina before giving it a go. So your body can get use to it's changes in blood volume and everything else before the deed?

Like I said- I'm no expert.
I've been active...walking and chasing friends' little ones doesn't make me vomit...poor DH thinks he "makes me sick."

I've got an appointment with the midwife Tuesday (she plans on finding a heartbeat...yay!) so maybe she'll have some insight...or maybe it'll just pass...or maybe I'm just a weirdo...

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Since we're in TMI land anyway... I know that, in certain positions, without me being pregnant, I'll start feeling a bit ill from... well, basically, we both have bellies ;-) and they kinda push on each other. You get the wrong harmonic frequency going, and...

So it could just be a matter of position, and something else might work better. It could, I suppose, be the prostaglandins in semen, too. Or maybe the hormonal changes have actually caused you to start reacting to your husband's hygiene products! ;-)

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Continuing down the TMI path...we both have bellies also, so it's been other positions as the thought of rubbing bellies makes me nauseous...maybe it's time to get more creative!
Ah, the joys of pregnancy!

Thanks for the input, ladies! I feel a little better already!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Saw the midwife today and DH asked about our little problem. She assured him it wasn't him and told me it wasn't abnormal or anything to worry about. Hopefully, it'll get better in the next few weeks! Aren't the weird little side effects of pregnancy fun?
:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Do you think maybe it's the smell from sex? Not SMELLY, but you know...the sex smell. DH has a very distinct smell (his *ahem* fluids) that can make me gag when I'm not pregnant!
:

ETA: Just to clear my poor DH's good name, I'm just super sensitive to it. He isn't especially smelly or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KariM View Post
For me, sometimes just the movement will make me sick.
Me too....

especially when I'm on top.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.