Mothering Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,078 Posts
I guess it's okay because vaccines save lives. Contrast that death with the terrible tragedy of the "measles" death of the young immunocompromised woman in WA. Everything possible must be done to prevent another death like that. The baby's death, not so much....

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess it's okay because vaccines save lives. Contrast that death with the terrible tragedy of the "measles" death of the young immunocompromised woman in WA. Everything possible must be done to prevent another death like that. The baby's death, not so much....
I sense such a double standard. What is being done to prevent vaccine-related deaths? Zilch.

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
Isn't the oral vaccine more dangerous than the injected one? Why do some countries still use the oral? Cost reasons?

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
There is another thread on this story www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/1516297-don-t-vaccinate-sick-children.html but your news story seems to be more up-to-date.

Of course the death from measles is absolutely solid science (although this is in no way clear in the news stories) whereas a death following a polio vaccine isn't science at all but solid coincidence. Babies in developing countries die all the time.

The news story you posted has a couple of inconsistencies, doesn't it? The other babies were brought to the hospital with symptoms in one paragraph and just to be observed because everyone was panicking in another paragraph. Which is it?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is another thread on this story www.mothering.com/forum/47-vaccinations/1516297-don-t-vaccinate-sick-children.html but your news story seems to be more up-to-date.

Of course the death from measles is absolutely solid science (although this is in no way clear in the news stories) whereas a death following a polio vaccine isn't science at all but solid coincidence. Babies in developing countries die all the time.

The news story you posted has a couple of inconsistencies, doesn't it? The other babies were brought to the hospital with symptoms in one paragraph and just to be observed because everyone was panicking in another paragraph. Which is it?
Thanks @Deborah. I told ya I haven't been on as much and can't keep track! I hate when I post something that's already been posted lol. Yes it is very inconsistent, as they usually are muddled up news stories anyway when it comes to vaccine related illnesses!

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Thanks @Deborah . I told ya I haven't been on as much and can't keep track! I hate when I post something that's already been posted lol. Yes it is very inconsistent, as they usually are muddled up news stories anyway when it comes to vaccine related illnesses!
Not a problem. My original thread had a vague title anyway!

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Here is another tragedy after vaccination. Shortly after vaccination, after being observed to be in stable condition, this child developed the flu, turned pale, and was bleeding from the mouth and nose, but it was found that vaccines did not cause death. Can someone explain that please? It's very sad.

http://vietnamnews.vn/society/272472/vaccine-did-not-cause-baby-death-health-department.html
according to Dr. Puliyel, this 5 in 1 vaccine has been associated with many deaths in SE Asia, but is always cleared of responsibility. http://jacob.puliyel.com/paper.php?id=342

The deaths immediately following immunization with the Pentavalent Vaccine have piled up. There is no alternate explanation for these deaths following vaccination that they had to be classified as ‘possibly due to vaccination’ by the standard WHO Brighton system of classification.
A new protocol has been devised to over-ride the WHO Brighton classification so that there is no acknowledgement that the deaths are possibly related to vaccine. Now only reactions that are ‘known to occur with the vaccine’ can be classified as adverse event following immunization (AEFI). ‘Known reactions’ in this context are reactions that were noted/recorded in the small clinical trials performed prior to licensing of the drug. Rarer reactions are detected only when the vaccine is administered to a large number of persons. Post marketing surveillance (PSM) is done for 4 years to pick up the more rare adverse events. The new system simply refuses to take cognizance of the rarer adverse events noted on PSM.

With Pentavalent vaccine, deaths following immunization are not a ‘known reaction’ as there were no deaths in the small clinical trials. Each death is investigated and as the reaction is not a ‘known reaction’ with the vaccine it is classified as ‘Not an AEFI’. Even after over 100 deaths following the vaccine, each death is classified as “Not and AEFI’ and a WHO report states that ‘death as AEFI has never been reported’ following the Pentavalent vaccine (‘Global Advisory Committee on Vaccine Safety review of Pentavalent safety concerns in four Asian countries’ http://www.who.int/vaccine_safety/committee/topics/hpv/GACVSstatement_pentavalent_June2013.pdf)
Note the circular reasoning.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you @Deborah for that information about the 5-in-1. The only way they claimed it wasn't the vaccine in the case I presented was because there were no other deaths that occurred from that lot of vaccines. That's their best measure? Just because there were no other deaths from that lot than it means that child surely didn't experience death from the vaccine? Sad. The denial is huge when it comes to vaccine-related deaths and Puliyel sums it up nicely.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Thank you @Deborah for that information about the 5-in-1. The only way they claimed it wasn't the vaccine in the case I presented was because there were no other deaths that occurred from that lot of vaccines. That's their best measure? Just because there were no other deaths from that lot than it means that child surely didn't experience death from the vaccine? Sad. The denial is huge when it comes to vaccine-related deaths and Puliyel sums it up nicely.
Yes, it seems to me that the system is getting quite ruthless. Not only are the pentavalent vaccines dangerous in developing world settings, but they are also extremely expensive, relatively speaking. GAVI starts by subsidizing, but in the long run the plan is to suck billions of dollars out of poorer countries and into the pockets of pharma.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
It is interesting to note that the clinical trials were small:
With Pentavalent vaccine, deaths following immunization are not a ‘known reaction’ as there were no deaths in the small clinical trials.
Also - they tend to be very fussy regarding those included in the study, e.g. have to be healthy etc.

Whereas in reality the vaccine(s) are given to (almost) all babies even those who were born prematurely and/or sick at the time of the jab. They have convinced themselves that a 'little' cold doesn't matter.

Dr. Archie Kalokerinos, an Australian physician, found that it did matter, even a little cold could be fatal. As the baby's body was already trying to cope handling the cold, giving the baby a bunch of shots could tip it's immune system over the edge, especially if deficient in vitamin C.

·
Registered
18,832 Posts
Perhaps they didn't test it in poor babies in developing countries? The main target population seems to be babies in villages in Vietnam, India and so on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts