Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone this might turn out long so thanks for sticking with it.<br><br>
So my 17 month old son started having diarrhea and puking the day before mothers day for the first time. Up till this point he has never shown any signs of allergies to any food at all he has been introduced to everything. It seemed to correlate with tomatoes if he ate them he would puke that night till his stomach was clear and then go to bed. This was accompanied by loose stool two or three times a day. So we stopped eating tomatoes which are one of his favorite foods since he has been little and it seemed to stop happening. Once he had puked three times in a week I took him to the doctor and they said it might be gerd and gave us xantex liquid and I had him on this for 5 days with no incidents but he continued to have loose stool but it got better over the course of the next week.<br><br>
The week after he got sick we went on vacation to Mexico and by the end of the week he was great no puke and solid poop. We have been back from vacation for three days and he had diarrhea today and threw up at trader joes. While on vacation his diet didn't change much because I went shopping and cooked most of our food while away. He has no fever and besides when he is sick he seems fine no decrease in appetite or extra sleepiness.<br><br>
I am thinking he might be allergic to something in or around our house. I don't know I am at a real loss. I hate to see my baby puke.

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Are you keeping a food journal to see if you notice trends? Record everything he eats/drinks, including supplements (you too, if you're still BFing). And any signs/symptoms (skin, poop, puke, mood, sleep, etc.). That might help pinpoint things.<br><br>
Of course, he could have a bug from traveling, or "traveler's diarrhea".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts