Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
we sidecar it with our bed. we put the crib in a corner and then mashed the bed against it, that way i feel like the crack isn't going to get wider in the middle of the night and i'll lose my baby to the floor! it works for us. the crib had two heights and it is now on the highest level. in the beginning i was using a mattress pad on our bed that was thick adn so i put a few old towels under her crib mattress to raise it up to that height. it worked for us...don't think it could have hurt dd or anything. the mattresses were flush against each other and pushed against a wall...never used ply wood before. figure if your bed is heavy, then you should be fine with it against the wall with the crib.
have fun co-sleeping...we love it!
- kate

·
Registered
444 Posts
We just side-carred our baby's crib today! We've been family bedding it for the last 7.5 months, and it's gone really well. Looking for a little more wiggle room, plus more peace of mind that she won't fall out of bed.

We took of the crib's side rail (converting it to its "toddler bed" mode). We put it in the corner and pushed our bed up to it. The top of our mattress is about 22" above the floor. The crib has 3 height settings - the lowest puts the mattress 1-2" below the level of our mattress. I think this will work well for us. I'll try and let you know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.