Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all started with a little "gush"… around 5pm I was sitting on the floor with Landon doing a numbers puzzle and all of the sudden I felt a small warm gush….Woooahhh, that's not normal. DS followed me into the bathroom to see what all the fuss was about. I was really at a loss, I wasn't expecting this at all, as my waters didn't break with DS until shortly before he was born! I called DH and B (our midwife) to let them know something "might" be happening but at that point I still was sure.

I went about my business finishing the dinner I had started cooking, cleaning up our bedroom and DS's room. I tried to eat a good dinner, but after cooking it, it just didn't sound appealing any more. I ended up eating a donut! Really healthy! DH came home and helped me around the house a bit, he had nested yesterday, cleaning like a madman for some reason, so there wasn't anything major to do except get all the birth stuff ready for later. I still wasn't really sure this was "it" but I was trying to stay positive, as I was really tired of being pregnant!! I made DH take a picture of me and my belly - in labor - I have one of right before DS's labor and I have always just loved that picture!

We took a walk, and as we left our neighbor told us we were probably going to get poured on, but nothing could stop me from trying to encourage the mild contractions to get stronger! At first it wasn't obvious, but after a few more tasks around the house and putting DS to bed, it was obvious the contractions were coming in a pretty regular pattern. At 10 pm I tried to settle down for a rest or at least rest my body, as I figured it could be quite a while longer before the baby actually arrived. I layed in the Bradley position for maybe 45 minutes, but then couldn't get comfortable. Then I went back and forth between the birthing ball, the bed and the toilet,…none of those were comfortable. Around 1130 pm (?) I decided to get into the pool, even though I thought it was ridiculously early, and knew we would likely have to drain it and refill it before the night was over. Contractions became easier to manage, but more intense at the same time if that makes sense. I got hot in the water and wanted to get out. Around 1230am, We decided to call B to let her know the status, I felt she should go ahead and come, but I didn't want her to waste her time either. I still didn't believe I was anywhere near the end! I had a bad contraction right before Lance got off the phone with her, so she decided she would go ahead and come.

From there, the contractions got a lot more intense, I got back into the pool to labor and with in about 20 minutes, I was aware that my body was trying to push the baby out, with or with out my help. Lance woke my mom up for help, and I squeezed both their hands while enduring the contractions. I told them I thought I needed to push, and my mom kept suggesting I needed to wait. This REALLY made me mad b/c there wasn't anything I could do about it!! My body was pushing, and I couldn't control it! During the last contraction, I got on hands and knees and was yelling and screaming. I felt the baby crowning, OOOUUUUCCCHHHH. Just as the baby's head was out, I heard B's voice and then felt the rest of the body being born. This was 1:21 am. She made it just in time, and I was pretty glad she was there to take control of the situation. I don't think DH, I or my mom would have quite known what to do! I did tear a bit and needed stitches (again, ouch), finally around 430am, we were finished checking over the baby and me, and cleaning up and we were able to relax.

DS is in heaven with his baby sister and wants to hold her ALL the time! Sierra is doing well and getting the hang of nursing. Lots of proud family members are sharing in the recovery here at home. Its been lovely so far!

http://s193.photobucket.com/albums/z...essedmama2521/

·
Registered
672 Posts
What a cutie! You look absolutely awesome in the tub pic. Never would have known you just went thru labor.

Congratulations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.