Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i really wanted to go back to school in the fall and bring my dd with me, who will be 1 year old plus change, and she'll still be nursing.... but the daycare on campus won't accept her since my partner is a SAHD.
their policy is that *both* parents must be working or in school for the kids to get in.

i understand why they have the policy, but it makes me sad that she won't be able to come to school with me.
this is a big part of my decision for going back to school in the fall.

:: sigh ::

anyone else dealing with issues like these?

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Hmmm... My situation is a little different but I can certainly relate to your feelings. My DS will be one when I go back to work as a part-time teacher in Sept. I'll have to be away from him for about 4-5 hours per day. I am worrying about it and trying to figure out the best situation. There is a district toddler program right near my school that we signed up for 3 days a week and then 2 days a week my sister will be with him. But I also have a good friend who has a son his age and said she would take him for those 3 days, but he'd be further away. These are hard decisions!

I assume you think the daycare would be better than staying at home with dad, or maybe he works from home and couldn't keep her. Hmmm... maybe there is another great daycare close by and she could still come to school with you? I hope you find a good solution!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.