Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 42 for those who are still waiting

Okay, it was almost 6 months ago that I got on the list. I was still needing to find a favorite diaper and hadn't tried wool yet. Now I have favorite diapers and certainly do not want to get attached to one with a 6 month (or anything like that) waiting list. I cannot afford to buy a bunch now, so it'd be like 1 or 2 just to torture myself. I signed up b/c when I asked the mamas about wool they were an overwhelming favorite. Well, now I have a sugar pea, a woodland wool and some cool soakers and have no complaints, so why should I buy an ElBee? Are they better for under clothing in the winter?

Should I trade down in size and just get some tiny diapers & covers for baby #2 someday?

The only thing I do know I still want are some of those cool hemp pants.

And for those wondering, she is honoring your order at the older prices, but if you add on, it's the new prices.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
My two cents on the newborn dipes: I'm finding that I like my El Bees more as Griff gets older and his poop gets more solid. I ordered hemp knit dipes, which are too smooth to adequately hold a newborn BF poop, gussets or not. I think the trim fit and smoother fabrics are great for older, more mobile, solid-eating babies.

They're great dipes! I hope you love whatever you get!

·
Premium Member
12,839 Posts
I'm number 50 and think I will cancel. I have everything I need and am diapering my last baby. It's been 6 months since I put my order in, and in that time I've filled out and refined my stash. I recently got a few great wool covers so I can't see that I need anything else- like ever- except maybe toddler-size prefolds...but that's another story...

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Well i was in the same position although now I have even more wool covers than when I told her what I wanted a few weeks ago. I ended up getting 3 give it a whirl packages because I love her hand dye job on the covers. YUM!

I figure if I really like them I'll be glad to have them, and if not, I'll sell/trade them.

I'm #38 and still haven't gotten them but they should arrive be sent out next week.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
I don't even remember what my number is, LOL. But I know it's high.
:

I think I will still get the few I originally ordered, just to torture myself, like you said.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you have her hand-dye them solid? She said she she does them like her clothing now, so I wasn't sure if that meant multi- or not.

Jess, I appreciate your input! I was thinking tiny newborn diapers w/ gussets would be perfect, glad to know they might not be.

·
Registered
329 Posts
If my number was up I would order something! I was actually #7 on the list so I have had my stuff for a little while now. I ended up getting 6 diapers and 2 WoolyBullys. I have since sold off the diapers because my son slimmed down and they didn't fit anymore but I kept the covers! The covers are my FAVE!!! They are so trim w/out any leg ruffle. I love them. I sooo want another but, with 2 layers. So if I could make a suggestion I would say if your all set w/ diapers at least get a cover

·
Registered
170 Posts
I say, Noooooooooooooo!! you don't want to order, in fact I think the next 60 people should all cancel their orders - then my order might actually be up before my son potty trains... hee-hee! I placed my order about a month ago, and i have gotten a few second hand, and absolutely love them, the diapers and the covers and can't wait for my order.. I honestly would keep my order, and if you decide that you don't really need them or think they were worth the $, then it isn't like you couldn't get your money back... just my opinion.... But.. then you might love them and wish that you had never tried them, because you only want more... lol i am no help..... don't listen to me.....
:
Angie

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I would think she *could* dye them a solid color as that is easy to do. But I like the dip-dyed look. Love it really. So I went with that. I'm getting one that's orange/yellow (or orange red can't remember) and one that's green/green.

Ahhhh

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Well, I cancelled my order with El Bee . . .fitteds are out for me, and I couldn't be happier with the wool covers I have (esp. Stacinators). I figured the money could be much better spent on
non-diapering things, like clothes, shoes, or anything else! (Maybe I'll even start saving!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.