Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually I don't mind them, but this year I hated writing them. My 5 year old wanted to write one because all of the other kids at school are writing them, and my 3 year old wanted to write one because his older brother was. This year, financially we are hooped. I bought each of the boys one small gift and a couple small things from the dollar store for their stockings. The things I wrote on their list for Santa aren't huge extravagant things, but things we just can't afford. I love the imagination of Christmas....but hate that they are going to be disappointed when "Santa" didn't bring them a single thing on their wish list.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Mama View Post
darn it! And the reminders are everywhere! I cringe inside ( probably a little on the outside too!) when someone asks what Santa is going to bring them for Christmas.
Exactly! My kids get asked that ALL the time. It's like...umm...unless YOUR going to buy them all of these gifts, please keep your mouth shut. It's depressing!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts

It is really tough when we can't provide precisely what we would like. We only got a couple things for DSD too. There is this one playhouse I would love to get her... but they are just way way out of our budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.