Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BTW I'm not upset about the sex just that I know
I'm going to gripe to you all

I got a letter from the U/S place telling me the sex. It was addressed to my MW but since they did not have her fax they sent it to me. even if they had sent it to my MW I'm angry. The U/S place told me they would not put it on there because I did not want to know nor did I want the MW to know. I though in case I go into preterm labor they have it on file.
I had an U/S done because I had a cyst rupture for the 3rd time this pregnancy and the MW ( who rarely asks for such things) said she wanted to see that was up with it since I was in allot of pain.

So I'm upset I don't get my surprise.
: I read it in a little cold letter

I told DH and he said he wanted to know. so he knows. My mother is coming tonight and I want to tell her but must contain myself. I still want to surprise others... We'll see if I can.

OK my pity party is over

I told one close friend so she could dye some fabric for me
she told me her lips are sealed ( I know I can trust her to
)

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
So Sorry, p1ggle. That just stinks.

I had the same sort of thing happen to my with my oldest son. I had an u/s and the tech never asked if I wanted to know the gender. She was showing me the baby and she said "here is the spine...here is the leg...here is the penis..."

I stopped her then and said "Penis?" and she said "Oh, did you not want to know the gender?" All I could answer was "doesn't really matter if I wanted to know or not now, does it."

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I called them and got the answering service. They called back and my DH spazed and dropped the phone so it went to voice mail. They said it was a general form that went to Dr.'s and sorry I saw it but they didn't know that I didn't want the MW told
: Even though I told her I didn't and she ( the person that called) said she would make sure it was not put on the form. She said they didn't do it intentionally but really they didn't seem to apologetic

Dh is excited about the sex and said that its what he thought it was.

Sigh I at least get shopping therapy out of this

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's still ridiculous. You'd think they'd have some standards in place to avoid this. I even know uber-medcentric moms to be that choose not to know, so it's not THAT unusual!.
So sorry. But have fun shopping!

·
Registered
505 Posts
That's weird that gender was included in the u/s report. With my son, I know the gender was not included. I asked the CNM if it was in the report and she said radiologists never include gender because at best it's a guess.

With this pregnancy, I saw the report mailed to my HB midwife and gender was not included. I'm surprised any hospital/doctor's office would include that info.

I'm sorry your surprise was ruined mama! I hope you find some too cute baby clothes to soothe the disruption!
:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I am sorry that your surprise has been taken away from you...BUT we still don't know
It will be a great surprise for all of us!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts