Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd and I have been ECing for a month or so now, I catch her morning poop and her post-morning-nap poop, and sometimes another in the afternoon. The only way I am able to do the morning ones is because she almost always goes then. DD only shows that shes about to poop a second before she goes, if she does anything at all. Pees she doesnt signal at all. When shes coverless or naked, it seems like shes dry for the longest, then all of a sudden wet.
If i try to rush her to the bathroom, will we wind up with poo everywhere?
Im sure Im just missing her pee signals... feel embarrased to ask
but what am I looking for? (Im still new at this)

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdlynsMom
Im sure Im just missing her pee signals... feel embarrased to ask
but what am I looking for? (Im still new at this)
You might not be missing anything. My DD didn't usually give any obvious signals she was about to pee. Sometimes some fussing or squirming (but, of course, those could be for other reasons.) Sometimes a shiver, but usually that happened AS she was peeing - at least until she was a little older; then sometimes we'd see a shiver before she actually peed and could use it as a signal. I mostly just used timing to decide when to take her to pee, and that worked fine for us.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DD gets those little shivers too, but it doesnt seem to have anything to do with peeing, that I can tell.
Do most ECers just take their babies every hour or so, regularly?
Is being inconsistant with this going to confuse her later on? I do think she's "getting it", with the two catches in the morning, and last night I tried, did the sound and she let out a drop or two. I really want to at least be able to consistantly get her poops before she gets into solids!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your dd sounds just like mine! I can never tell when she's going to pee. I just use timing, and diapers as back up. When she was a babe in arms I would put her on the potty every time i went. The timing worked. Especially since I was drinking a lot of water at the time. And I think the monkey-see-monkey-do factor worked, too.
And if you ever find yourself wondering, " I wonder if she has to go?", take her. She just might.

I also get VERY little warning time between the poop face and the poop. And I do just put her on the potty as soon as I notice. Sometimes I catch the whole thing, sometimes just the 2nd chapter.

Don't worry about consistency. Just do the best you can. I believe that any exposure my dd gets to the potty benefits her, as long as it is all positive and relaxed. The last thing I want to do is get her to associate potty with a worried mommy. So if I find myself getting stressed I just put a diaper on and take some time off from the EC.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lucymay6
Just do the best you can. I believe that any exposure my dd gets to the potty benefits her, as long as it is all positive and relaxed. The last thing I want to do is get her to associate potty with a worried mommy. So if I find myself getting stressed I just put a diaper on and take some time off from the EC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.