Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if it's my scale or possible water retention, but in the past 1.5 weeks, I've managed to put on 5-6 pounds. This concerns me as my blood pressure had gone up some at my last prenatal (1.5 weeks ago). I have been trying to drinks lots and lots of water since that appointment (7-8 pints a day).

Could that have an impact (along with too much part-taking in my Mom's stuffing
)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mmmm, stuffing.
:

Not to alarm you, but I just wanted to caution you about drinking too much plain water. It can throw off your electrolytes, among other things. Maybe you can google how much is safe to drink for what you're trying to accomplish.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, thank you for pointing that out. I've worried about water intoxication while running, but never considered it impacting me during pregnancy (I don't run right now).

But I think I'm okay. I don't seem to be experiencing any symptoms of it... I was thinking maybe may body could be adjusting to the higher intake, though. I've noticed in the past when I stop drinking enough and all of the sudden make an effort to drink more, I tend to get a significant amount of weight for a few days (usually about 4 pounds). I think it's my body relearning to filter it through my pores.

It it a common problem during pregnancy?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.