Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
We actually used the Signing Times dvd. It was recommended by my son's speech therapist. He quickly picked up two signs as soon as we watched the video...."milk" and "more".

·
Registered
965 Posts
The video we have said that they can't really pick up on the concepts until around 7 months.
During my pregnancy we would practice the signs from a pretty cute little book I got . . .
but our baby is just one month now so I can't tell you whether or not that video was any good since we haven't started using the concepts yet.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
'Sign with You Baby' by Garcia is a good one--it uses ASL rather than baby signs. My DD is almost 9 mos and recognizes signs for cat and milk. We also sign change (as in diaper), daddy, dog, bird, more, in (for babywearing).

There's a "signing mamas" thread in the Finding Your Tribe forum here on MDC. Lots of helpful stuff there.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
We used signing times. Started around 4 months or so. By a year she had over 100 signs. Now at nearly 2 she has too many to count.

-Angela

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.