Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got a bit panicky when I could not find my cervix anymore. I am 33w3d today. I have always tested my cervix for fertility so I know where it should be. I have had stinging in my cervix for the past two weeks, a sensation I usually have from about 36 weeks. My midwife came and checked my cervix and said it is soft with a dimple and centered. She could insert the tip of her finger.

She did not seem to be worried saying this is normal for a woman having her fourth.

What do you think?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Sounds completely Normal to me!! Remember, you are leaning over a big ol belly trying to find your cervix now, so don't expect it to feel like it normally does. Or to be where it normally is. Or to be findable at all!
upsidedown.gif
I have the stinging too. (32 Weeks) It's normal. There is a Baby on it!
Sheepish.gif

·
Registered
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gismobabe View Post

Yesterday I got a bit panicky when I could not find my cervix anymore. I am 33w3d today. I have always tested my cervix for fertility so I know where it should be. I have had stinging in my cervix for the past two weeks, a sensation I usually have from about 36 weeks. My midwife came and checked my cervix and said it is soft with a dimple and centered. She could insert the tip of her finger.

She did not seem to be worried saying this is normal for a woman having her fourth.

What do you think?
I expressed this concern to my midwife at 33 week visit- she says it's completely normal for that stage of pregnancy and said cervix was posterior- all normal. Mine is so far up I can't even reach it but last time I could check I could insert tip of finger- but last pregnancy same thing and my son was born only 4 days before actual due date. I've never had stinging though- this is my 6th baby.

·
Premium Member
6,470 Posts
Totally normal. The position of your cervix can change a lot at this stage. The pinching could be your baby repositioning your cervix with their head. I don't have cervical checks but after doing my own check its anterior, 2-3cm, and about 50% effaced, so pretty normal for me. Things are more open and soft after having multiple children.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.