Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, how did you feel before labour started?
i'm not talking about surges, mucous plugs or diarrhea.
i'm looking more for emotional cues, dreams or energy.

just wondering cause i'm feeling nothing. but i'm living my life like labour is imminent.
is it possible for things to start totally out of the blue?

edd sept. 28

tia

sending out love

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Well I had prodromal labor for 11 days before, but.......

For me labor started about 7:30pm. That day probably around noon, I got a very restful nap. Now I was having contractions every 8 min apart, and I would have to get up from the bed and squat and breathe thru them, but for the first time, I was able to go quickly back asleep. For the 11 days before that, I was unable to rest, or sleep at all. Both me and my ds got a 4hr nap.. Labor started a few hrs after I awoke.

I think my body allowed me to be relaxed enough to sleep, knowing labor would be beginning, as I definetely needed the energy later on.

I would look for signs that are out of the ordinary, as I've known with other women, things like this happenned.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The day before I went into labor I was restless and irritable. That nightr
I couldn't get comfortable, kept having to pee, couldn't sleep. I woke up the next morning, got up to pee and then -boom- went into labor.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I went into labor totally out of the blue. I was sitting here whining about being pregnant, had two contractions 10 minutes apart and called DH. There was no question in my mind that it was labor, but had you asked me 20 minutes before that I would have insisted I'd be pregnant forever.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I absolutely could not sleep. I rolled around in bed for a few hours before getting up and doing last minute baby things in the nursery at 2am. Previously that day, nothing seemed to go right and all I wanted to do was cry. I went back to bed at 3:30, rolled around for two more hours, got up to pee, and my water broke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.