Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used this on CDs? Is it the same as Permanent Water Guard? It was the only thing I could find at the Wal-Mart I checked at (though they didn't even seem to have Sportswash/Sensiclean/etc.!). I just have one diaper that leaks every time (so we haven't used it in a while), and I'd love to be able to use it again before he outgrows it. It was one of my favorites! If anyone has other recommendations, please let me know... I haven't opened this stuff and still have the receipt, so I can exchange/return it if need-be. Thanks!

· Registered
7,238 Posts
is it the spray can with the orange top? if so, this is what i bought. i'm slowly doing my AIO stash- i had been soaking the covers with the load & did a number on the pul
so far it's working great!

· Registered
2,105 Posts
Hi, I bought this but on their website www.atsko.com it says that the silicone water guard is NOT washable. The permanent water guard IS washable, and in my experience it works Very well. But I never tried the silicone, since I thought it wasn't washable- after I bought it my dh waterproofed his shoes with it. Worked well there

· Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, orange top, metal spray bottle (whatever they're called! my brain is fuzzy). It does say it can be used on all fabrics, takes only one application, and is non-flammable (good thing for something on my baby's bum!). It shows a lot of camping/outdoors stuff.

Those who have used it, I assume you've washed it a few times already? Any thoughts on why the website says it's not washable? I can still look for the Permanent Water Guard, but don't get to Wal-Mart too often.

· Registered
18 Posts
Yep - it works great, but it will yellow your lighter color PULs so becareful about that - for those you need to get the waterbased kind that is like 4 times as expensive but won't make your PULs look all yucky.

Lisa

· Registered
1,190 Posts
No idea why the website says it's not washable...we've washed them tons of times and it seems fine. We also haven't had any yellowing. I do prefer the PWG for the odor issues but I couldn't find it in any brick and mortar store anywhere so I went with the silicone stuff (I needed it FAST!)

· Registered
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I looked at it again... it IS flammable
:, but says there's no odor - once fully dried and cured!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.