Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright the durn computer isn't letting me search, so I will post my questions to you experts:

Has anyone tried and liked using silk liners as opposed to fleece liners for their babies' bums? I tried fleece when ds was small and he seemed to be allergic. So I bought some raw silk ones to try for this little one.

Also, what is your favorite wool cover for a NB? My last child was a slender 7 lbs., this baby looks to be measuring between 7-8 lbs.

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I would never use silk on my baby. Silk is made by boiling silkworms alive. I plan on teaching dd to respect living creatures.

We also care about the people who make silk. The silk industry is based on the backs of poor, underpaid labor in third world countries.

http://216.92.20.151/discussions/sho...highlight=silk

These are the reasons amongst others, that silk will never touch our dd's bottom.
Lauren

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I purchased a pack of these silk liners (I think from smartiepants), as my son has pretty consistent rash problems and I was curious to see if the statements about them clearing up rashes were true. I used one overnight and it seemed to function much like a fleece liner, but I can't say that it assisted his rash.

Karla

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.