Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if any of you are in the same emotional boat as me, but even though I am not excessively moody, I cry over the silliest stuff! I thought it would be fun to share those silly moments so we can laugh at them instead!

So. Today I cried when my son asked me for ham and we didn't have any. Granted, I didn't cry until after he had asked me like 4,000 times, but still. It's lunch meat.

Yesterday, I was reading a teaching book and I cried about a boy and his father arguing over taking out the trash!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I cried the other day because dd was being so difficult... but now that I think on it... is that really such a silly thing to cry about!?

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I cried when dd bit my hand at Target in the middle of a huge temper tantrum. So yes, then we were both crying so I took her out of the cart and figured Target was too much for us that day

·
Registered
824 Posts
Oh yeah, it's always the silliest little things isn't it? I haven't had any recently - the only recent crying episode was legit, we were having a huge family portrait taken and DS's great grandma kept calling him BAD BOY because he wouldn't sit still. But over Memorial Day weekend we went to a parade and the drums in the bands made me cry!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was watching the movie Dogma the other day and it made me cry. Probably one of the most irreverant movies ever and here I am crying about the beautiful way God was portrayed. My DH thought I was crazy...

·
Premium Member
3,813 Posts
I was crying looking at pictures of newborn diapers online

·
Registered
765 Posts
this one is downright embarrassing but i was flipping through channels yesterday and came across maury. ya know, the talk show with the trashy paternity shows every day? well, there was this woman on the show who had cheated on her husband and said their son might not be his. when the test results came back and the son WAS his, i totally lost it and started crying. i was just so happy for their family! why? NO IDEA. lol.

how humiliating of me to admit this.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mama_bee
when the test results came back and the son WAS his, i totally lost it and started crying. i was just so happy for their family!
FWIW, this would have made me cry, too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to laugh, this is the first post I see when logging on and my face is still puffy and red from sobbing this morning at work since my fiance sent me a sweet email at work reminding me how we met. I think I cry every single day now.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I cried in the gorcery store when the last rotisserie chicken was sold to the woman in front of me in line. And I couldn't stop, even after someone offered me a hug (?!?) and even after I shopped and then a man had a rotisserie chicken in front of me in the check out line, and forgot it, and the bagger ran after him with it, I was still crying as I walked out and came home. My ds said as he met me on the street, "Don't worry, mama, we'll fill your belly full of lots and lots of food!" he's so darn sweet with me these days.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I cried when the Fish and Chips place was closed yesterday and I had to go to the other one.
When DH ate the last reeses peanut butter cup and I had been thinking about eating even though i have an allergy to peanuts.
When Dairy Queen did have the banana cream pie blizzard a dh got me skor instead without calling to see if i really wanted that flavour.

and the one that always gets me are the onstar commercials by GM, those poor hurt people
ack even thinking about it brings on the tears.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by niki_73

and the one that always gets me are the onstar commercials by GM, those poor hurt people
ack even thinking about it brings on the tears.
omg, me too! especially the one with the little kid who calls. that just about broke my heart.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Well I cry all the time these days.. but the other night I scolded DS and then I cried because I felt I was too harsh with him and he came over and kissed my tears and said "all better Mommy"... which of course made me cry even harder.. I cry like a baby whenever I hear children singing.. like on tv or at school or church presentations.. young people singing will bring me to tears regardless of my state of pregnant or non pregnant.. I used to go with my friend to her daughters Chorus concerts with a BOX of tissues in my bag. I cry when I watch Nick at Night to fall asleep and someone on those old 90's sitcoms has a "Learning Moment" I really am one big walking hormone.. I cried this morning because my ds isn't feeling well and he had a fever and he came over and sat on my lap and shivered (even though he feels like he is on fire) and said "cold mama" I wrapped my arms around him and rocked him and cried because I cannot magically make him better... so yeah I cry...alot.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
The Hallmark commercials always get to me, especially the one where the little girl wants to buy a card for her daddy and puts it on a balloon and watches it float away to him in heaven because he died when she was a newborn

Last night dh was watching some country music special or awards show or something, and they had a guy propose to his girlfriend on stage and that had me in tears.

And when DD lays on my stomach because she wants to touch the baby and then she kisses and hugs my tummy and says how much she loves it

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Not in your DDC, but had to jump in...

There's an insurance commercial (?) one person does something nice for another person and then some who witnesses it does something nice for someone else and it all comes around full circle. And me, crying.

I told my husband, "somtimes I hate being pregnant"

·
Registered
873 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zaxmama
Well I cry all the time these days.. but the other night I scolded DS and then I cried because I felt I was too harsh with him and he came over and kissed my tears and said "all better Mommy
Okay, so I'm sitting here thinking "Wow, I really haven't been very emotional at all!" Then I read this and started tearing up. You gals are evil and will do anything to gain members in your hormonal club
!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts