Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read a while ago that for breeched babies, leaning forward is a good way to give them space to flip over.

Well, I've been fortunate in that dear-soon-to-be has been head down for about three months now. However, having nothing else to worry about in this healthy pregnancy, I'm worried that if I lean forward that it will give him the opportunity that three months is long enough to be upside down, and just before labor he might breech.

Am I just worrying to worry. I know that leaning forward during labor can be a comfortable position, but not if I'm worried that he's going to flip last minute. I'm so small bellied, I kind of think he doesn't have the space to flip anyway. Any reassurance available for this silly concern?

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
pretty unlikely that he will flip at this point back to breech...
now if you had your butt in the air a lot and you were forward and had lots of room in your belly, maybe...
but prolly not!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I asked about this not too long ago at a prenatal appointment, because spending time on all fours in the evening does help my gut have more room to do its thing after a full day of food...I was told it's good to spend time on all fours because it encourages baby to be back-out, and if baby is head down it's unlikely s/he will flip breech this late in the game. But like the pp said, they have you put your shoulders down and bum up in the air while on all fours to spin baby, so maybe avoid that, but otherwise it should be all good.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Not to scare you, but my dd1 turned breech at 38.5 weeks. It happened at night while I was on flat on my back sleeping, silly me. Now with this pregnancy I sleep on my sides all the time just to avoid another possible breech. I'm paying for it though with intense shoulder pain and back pain. It's worth it though, as I'm planning on a HBAC.

·
Registered
197 Posts
What a wonderful website Arwyn! Thank you so much. I am dealing with a breech babe that flipped head-up at 33 weeks.
:

The CNMW has said, "don't worry, he'll flip back. We don't need to attempt a version until 37 weeks."

My gut instinct says otherwise, so this has given me a lot of info to consider.

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.