Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
would this worry you? would you do this, even for short periods of time? i have a flue, so feeling rotten, and when i'm on the sofa, i put my laptop basically on top of my uterus (12 weeks) and somehow this freaked me out. now i'm on my bed, on my tummy...

thoughts?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Personally, I would not be putting my laptop on my uterus even if I wasn't pregnant. I do believe that emf's are very harmful. THey have been linked to lukemia in children and many other ailments. Better to be safe than sorry, right?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
For what it's worth, my laptop sat on top of my pregnant belly throughout my entire pregnancy. My baby is fine. She's 8 mo now. Something could happen to her later on down the line but even then I'll never know if the wireless laptop was the cause. I don't know what the chances are of it being harmful or not that's just my personal experience.

·
Registered
14,488 Posts
NO i would absolutely not.

we shut our computer down totally when it is not in use.

we also unplug everything all the time (coffee machines, toaster, hair dryer etc.)

we threw out our microwave about a year ago - still miss it at times.

·
Premium Member
4,556 Posts
i do it but i ALWAYS think twice when i do... its really not good for you ...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.