Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is your updated camping information for the Silver Beach MDC Camping Trip on August 25-27th. You may arrive at your site and check in anytime on Friday. A schedule follows this post.

Silver Beach Information

Tent Reservation Status:
Due to cancellations, we have several site available for anyone who wants to come!!!

Call Silver Beach (see link above), reserve the site and then PM me with your info!

1. Available
2. RAF's Family
3. Indiegirl's family
4. Celestialdrmrmama's family
5. Available
6. Tinuveil_K's Family
7. Wolfmeis' Family
8. Nikirj's Family
10. G&B'sMama's Family + cornwinegall Family
13. Available
15. Available
16. Available
17. Raissa's Family--RV
18. Daniela's Family--tent
19. Rachel's Family--tent
20. crysmomofthree--tent
21. Available

I have release sites 22-23 but have one site, site #16 available to the first person who calls Silver Beach to confirm. PM me when you've reserved this site.

Motel Rooms: The only confirmed reservation I have for Motel rooms is a real name with the initials R.C. If your name does not have those initials, you do not have a motel room because I released the rooms today. They are still available but you'll need to call and reserve them yourself. The liability for all of those rooms was too much and the lack of response was something I didn't want to risk.

That said, we no longer have the dormatory-style rooms under the group rate of $35 per night, the price is $44 now. The group fees will absorb the additional fee increase for R.C., but the rest of you will need to pay the increased rate if you plan on coming.

Also, the cabins were BOTH available as of today.

Additional Fees: A $100 reservation rate for the lodge and kitchen will be split among the total number of families participating. I'll have an exact figure when I am more confident of who is confirmed. It'll be $5 or less per family, methinks.

I'll post a schedule next.

~Jesse

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Schedule of Events, please see following post about volunteering to lead activities:

Friday, August 25

9am-1 pm Check-in

Set up

Hike, play, chat, bike-ride

5pm
Dinner, meet and play at playground

Family Storytelling Event:
6:30pm

Knitter/Craft Circle
8:30 pm

Saturday, August 26

9:30am Arts and Crafts

11 am Family Games

1 pm Scavenger Hunt

Wine Tasting Trip (afternoon)

4 pm Community Meal/Potluck

6 pm Music

Sunday, August 27

9am WAHM Marketplace

10 Games for Kids

Lunch, pack up, goodbyes...

Check out 1pm

*All meals on your own except Saturday night community dinner

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Please choose a volunteering job for the following:

Family Arts and Craft Project #1: Hands-on activity for ages 4+ Jesse
Family Arts and Craft Project #2: Hands-on activity for ages 4 and under
Family Scavenger Hunt Jesse
Games for kids Lead
Communal Meal G&B's Mama
Music and Entertainment: Friday night, Saturday night Starflower
Winetasting trip: Saturday afternoon,
WAHM Marketplace coordinator Corwinegall
Knitting/Crafting Circle Friday night Jesse

Arts and Crafts Volunteers:
You'll be responsible for organizing and supplying your activity but it's okay to charge $1 or $2 to cover your supply costs for things like craft projects. Just let me know so I can post it.

Family Scavenger Hunt:
This is a family activity that will challenge and excite you! Free.

Games for Kids:
Leaders will organize and supply family-friendly games for kids and families of all ages during organized game times.

Communal Meal:
Organizers will keep track of who is bringing what along with delegating who brings silverware, napkins, etc...

Music and Entertainment:
Organizer will keep track of who is performing what along with bringing along camp songs and might teach us a few.

Winetasting
If people are interested, someone can coordinate this trip and let me know cost.

WAHM Marketplace Coordinator
Someone who organizes participants and helps with set-up, etc. No muliti-level marketing products, please. WAHM-made goods or trading post-style goods only.

Knitting/Crafting Circle
Let's get together and get yarny!

PM me with what you'd like to take on! Come on, folks! Let's see how fantastic you are!

Jesse

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
So I am "unconfirmed" for site 23. We made a reservation and cancelled. I didn't want to be stuck in the farthest campsite away from the tribe all by myself (both my friend's family and my DH can't come). If there is going to be a collection of tent campers out in those far sites I might still go- and it looks like there will be. I would love to share our site with another family.

It will be me, 6 yo DD, 2 yo DS, and our kid friendly beagle named Gomez. Anyone want to share with us. We are bringing one small car and one small tent.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
I know tuckermom irl, and she said I could take her spot, but it says "10. ON HOLD, waiting for results from unconfirmed sites", I don't know what that means, but if it isn't going to be available or if it needs to be available so another family can come I wouldn't mind sharing a spot with someone else who's dh isn't coming (only b/s I wouldn't want to intrude on a family
), my dh will be on a trip. I have me, ds 9, and dd 16 mos.

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lisa and Erika--I just put you both in site 10 because you've both expressed interest in sharing. One of you needs to call Silver Beach w/your cc info and then LMK so I can confirm you on the list! Viola!

Jesse

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All unconfirmed sites are released Monday, August 1, FYI. Please let me know your plans if you are still unconfirmed. If you are on the waitlist, please let me k now if you plan on reserving an available spot.

Thanks!

Jesse

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by indiegirl

Music and Entertainment:
Organizer will keep track of who is performing what along with bringing along camp songs and might teach us a few.

I can do this.
:

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
BTW, I am R.C. It's a little weird that I'm the only one who confirmed a room. I thought about switching to a tent site and then decided against it.

We just got back yesterday from another group camp out in tents with our church, and judging from DD's tolerance level, it will be best to just stay at the motel.

Looking forward to meeting everyone IRL!

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I'm a little confused. I could have sworn we were down for site #9, not #21?
It probably doesn't really matter, I just don't know when that happened. Is there really no #9, since it's not on the list? The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that it appears we're right next to the water, with 2 younger toddlers.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G&B'sMama
Starflower-
I couldn't help but notice your sig. Any chance you might do a belly dancing workshop for us?
Yes, I can do a belly dance workshop.

Jesse - when would a good time be for a dance workshop in the schedule? I'd prefer not too early in the a.m. and not during the peak of the day heat.

: Anyone who wants to belly dance - bring a scarf or shawl to tie around your hips. I'll get my stuff together and send out some info on a dance workshop in the next week or so.

Also, if I do a dance workshop, I might need a bit of help organizing entertainment. Anyone? Anyone?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts