Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do our big dinner on Christmas day, and that is with a lot of people. Christmas eve is just us, I would like to make it special but simple. Any suggestions? Last year we did a whole lot of appetizers but that was a lot of work, looking for a one pot suggestion with a few add ons.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
For Thanksgiving I made a huge pot of seafood chowder. Sourdough rolls and such were handy and we all had a great time.

I find the best times occur when I don't overdo or over think.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Before I met my DH, my parents and I used to do cheese fondue. It's pretty simple and you could always add on 1 type of meat appetizer if you wanted to.

Unfortunately we stopped doing this because DH doesn't like cheese fondue. Reminds me that I have been on a search for a fondue recipe that he might like.

Tourtiere is a traditional French Canadian meat pie that is served on Christmas Eve. What about something like that?

Martha

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Growing up, I'm told we had chili (and cornbread) for Xmas Eve dinner. I remember a couple years when we had Texas style enchiladas for Xmas Eve dinner.

kittynurse - they're lots of different types of fondues. I know I have 2 entire cookbooks dedicated to fondues. If you know what it is he doesn't like about the fondue you've made in the past, then you can explore other options. I know I have fondue recipes with avocado and cheese, tomato sauce fondue, curry sauce fondue, sweet fondues, savory fondues, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.