Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a simpler way to wash my bumgenius without ruining them? I live in an appartment and with a newborn it's near impossible to make All the trips up and down go the laundry room to wash bg according too the instructions they came with.. Rinse and wash and rinse and dry and etc

·
Registered
176 Posts
<p>I line dry my BGs and they don't take too long, so that's one step you could skip.  I definitely wouldn't skip the pre-rinse, though I suppose you could try doing the pre-rinse in a bucket in your bathroom, though in that case they wouldn't have the rinse water spun out of them...  I don't put any detergent in the pre-rinse.</p>

·
Registered
615 Posts
<p>I do a prerinse, then a hot extra wash so I figure it gets an extra wash as a rinse anyways. (an extra long wash cycle for me has basically a wash then a wash then a rinse).</p>
<p>it probably depends on the machine though. </p>
<p>and I try to keep it no more than 2/3 full.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't know if you could get away with less, but maybe try for a bit and worst case you'll have to strip.</p>

·
Registered
524 Posts
<p>I do a pre-rinse and then a hot wash, but no separate rinse after that. Then either into the dryer or onto the clothesline, depending on the time of year/weather.  That's worked fine for us for the last 3 years.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts