Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting Singapore Math for DS1. Is there a way to assess where we should be starting? I've got 3 more kids younger than DS1, so buying things that are too easy won't be a total waste of money, but I would like to get pretty close to where I should be first go out.<br><br>
TIA

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
The placement tests at SingaporeMath.com are quite accurate, IME. I second-guessed a placement with my ds, buying one level down, and while the purchase wasn't wasted since my younger kids eventually used it, the placement test was definitely accurate even when it gave an unexpected result.<br><br>
miranda

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
We get the Singapore textbook and workbook through our charter school. The textbook is supposedly non-consumable and the workbook consumable. We don't, in fact, write in the textbook, but the workbook is what we spend most of our time on, and it gets filled out. So while you may be able to re-use the textbook, I wouldn't count on re-using the workbook.<br><br>
However, both the text and the workbook cost something like $7, so it's not the end of the world to have to re-buy for younger children.

·
Premium Member
2,785 Posts
Rainbow Resource has the best price on these that I've found.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TEAK's Mom: Thanks for the info about the placement tests. I hadn't found them when I was just browsing, but as soon as I looked actively for them, I found them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts