Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

It's been years since I've been here for more than a check in. I'm mom to a 7yo beautiful, no vax daughter. We did all the attachment parenting things like bf until she was 3.5, family bed, etc. However, becoming a single mom when she was three really changed how I could parent her. Suddenly, I was working full-time, she was in preschool most of the day, and being forced to potty train, etc. In many ways it was good for both of us, and in others we both resisted. It's been four years at this point, and I think we've struck a balance and made compromises in many areas. I'm confident in my parenting skills, and I think we're both happy with how we relate and the lifestyle we live.

What I'm looking for right now are other Denver, Boulder area single moms with lives similar to mine. Most of my single friends are now married, or remarried. I'm going through a lot of struggles with the slim and questionable dating pool, what she needs, who she needs, etc. Her dad lives across the country and hardly ever sees her. Is anyone else going through the same issues? I don't want to be single mom forever, but at this point I don't have much hope for better. Help!

Thanks for reading my post.

Merrysmom

·
Registered
9,587 Posts
Hi Merrysmom! I'm not in your situation, but I thought I'd chime in and send a hello from a fellow Colorado mother. Good luck finding what you're looking for - friends and a good man!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts