Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am a single mom to a 2 year old who is a micro preemie - born at 25 weeks. He is in daycare 1/2 the day, while I take classes to become an Occupational Therapist. I also work from home for my family's business. We live in Santa Cruz, CA.

My son is very energetic, athletic, curious, and cute.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Welcome! I have micropremie twin sons, born at 24 weeks...almost 21 years ago! They struggled with developmental delays, and also both turned out to be on the Autism spectrum (which may run on their dad's side of the family, rather than being related to the prematurity). Their dad and I split up when they were 2. It wasn't always easy, but the twins graduated from high school last year, are about to finish their freshman year of college, and are both very healthy, competitive runners. I'm sure you understand what a surprise that is, given micropremies' fragile lungs!

I hope you enjoy watching your little guy grow and develop, perhaps at his own unique rate, as I did. If there's anything in particular you'd like to talk about, feel free to write back or private-message me, any time. :smile:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts