Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone out there a single mom of multiples?? It'd be great to talk to some of you who are! I'm really feeling the stress of doing it by myself. I live with my parents but they don't fill in like a husband would. The only break I get all day is working out which is nice, but it's still a struggle. I have twins, boy/girl. I am overwhelmed with the thought of doing everything by myself for the next several years!! Their dad is in prison right now. He violated his probation and he wants to be a good dad when he gets out. He wasn't the most supportive when I was pregnant. His sister had ID twin girls! How freaky is that? I am the first in my entire family to have twins. NO ONE on either side of my family have twins!! It was very shocking when I found out! I am going to try and get through college but its just not imaginable right now! They really do consume all of my time except for maybe a few days here and there. Luckily, Sean, their dad, his parents are very supportive. But I also live in Taiwan in a very small community and am American. Are there any other single moms of multiples out there?? How do you manage?

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Hi, Momma.
I'm a single Momma of 4 kiddos, and my youngest two are b/g twins. Dd1 is 10, ds1 is 3.5, and dd2&ds2 are almost 21 mos.
I have figured out that in order to manage, I have to be REALLY organized, ie, make sure that everything for the morning is ready before I go to bed at night. My oldest dd is also a huge help. I also just have to laugh a lot! There are things that are never going to be perfect, and things don't always get done when/how I want them to, so I just have to shrug my shoulders, laugh it off, and remember that someday I'll look at my grown-up children and long for the feel of their sticky little fingers and slobbery kisses.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the encouragement!! It's nice to have other single mommas of twins. Was it a shock when you found out you were having twins? When your twins were babies what kind of extra help did you hvae??

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Finding out I was even pregnant at all was a shock, b/c we were not trying at that point. During this time, I was also losing my husband to a very severe mental illness. We found out I was carrying twins, and he left about a month later to return to his home country. I haven't seen him since, and I receive no help from him b/c he cannot work due to his illness. During my pregnancy, and up until last December, we lived with my parents. I spent time on bedrest and in the hospital when pregnant w/ the twins, so I was relieved to not have to worry about my other two kiddos. Being at my parent's house was really and truly a life saver...I would never have made it on my own. Taking care of twins is hard enough, but I had two other young children to take care of as well. My twins turned 1 in October, and we moved out of my parents house and into our own home the day after Christmas.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
While I am in a different situation from the two of you, I too am a single mom of twins. I have a dd who will be 6 in September and twins (mz girls) who are 3 1/2. I am currently going through a divorce and am living with my parents. My parents are extremly supportive and are a life saver but I also know I can't be here for forever. My ex sees the girls once a week but other then that it's all me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts