Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have -the- worst sinus infection of my life. The entire left side of my face hurts so bad I can't even eat. I'm not running a fever but I can tell it's an infection by the nasty bright green snot. Ew. Anyway, I was going to cave in and go see the doc for antibiotics but they can't get me in until the 28th!!!!!!
This illness went from a cold to bronchitis to a sinus infection and I've been trying to treat it with an echinecea/goldenseal tincture, sleeping with a humidifier, Vick's vaporub, saline mist and hot compresses on my face but I can't even sleep it hurts so much.
Does anyone know of anything I can safely do at 39 weeks pregnant to get rid of this crap?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
take a x-large dose of probiotics and then follow up every few hours with a large dose.
I had a sinus infection a few weeks ago and got rid of it in less than a day (well, no pain anyway)
also a steam or two with TTO.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I've gotten rid of a sinus infection with garlic. There are many ways to take garlic, but what I did (since I really like it) was to roast a head of garlic and eat the whole thing myself, doing this for a number days in a row. You can take capsules, but I like the real thing myself. If you like the taste of it, you can probably find many ways to add it to the dishes you usually make. I also agree with pp's about the probiotics. Hope you get better soon!

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Get this: my midwife suggested a megadose of vitamin c. So in one day I took 2,000 mg of vitamin c and today has been SO much better. The infection really feels like it's clearing up and my face doesn't hurt at all. I can still feel a bit of pressure but no agonizing pain like I was having.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.