Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter is 5 weeks old and appears to have a sinus infection. She started getting a goopy eye at about 1 week old. I put breastmilk in it a few times a day and it seemed to go away, but came back. Now both her eyes are goopy and crusty and starting to look a little red. Breastmilk seems to help for a while, but it always comes back. She's also very fussy and I'm wondering if it might be from sinus pain. She pretty much sleeps through the night, but fusses most of the day, rarely sleeping more than 10 minutes or so at a time and wanting to nurse all the time.

Is there something I can do to make her feel better or are antibiotics necessary? I can't afford to take her to the doctor self-pay and my insurance cards won't arrive until the end of the week. I'd hate to have to leave her all miserable if there's something else that can be done. She also has either psoriasis or eczema and may have reflux, so it could be an allergy issue. Other than doing an elimination diet, I don't know what else to do.

·
Registered
321 Posts
sorry to take so long to answer - I had some log on problems. Newborns almost never get sinus infections. this is more likely to be just an eye infection. breastmilk should help. May need antibiotic eye drops. as for the fussing and allergies, an elimination diet is a good idea. gluten and casein foods would be the main problems. can give baby a probiotic - that might help

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.