Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I have an herbal mix of comfrey, chamomile, lavender, uva ursi, shepard's purse, yarrow, st. john's wort, sage, echinacea, and sea salt. I know the really important ones are comfrey, uva ursi, and shepard's purse.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Emmy, go to InHisHands.com and order their 16 oz package of afterbirth healing herb mix. It's the same mix as above post mentioned, and it's super cheap. About 7.50. It will make tons of sitz baths! I had a few stitches with dd, and ohgod it was awful!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bamamom
Emmy, go to InHisHands.com and order their 16 oz package of afterbirth healing herb mix. It's the same mix as above post mentioned, and it's super cheap. About 7.50. It will make tons of sitz baths! I had a few stitches with dd, and ohgod it was awful!
Perfect--just called my local herbal drug store, they have the same thing (different brand). I'm on it!

I would be feeling awesome if it weren't for these stupid couple stitches.

PPM--sitz bath is this little tub that sits in your toilet that has a tube & a bag of hot water attached to it so you can keep the water in the tub hot. Basically, you sit on the toilet and your girly parts are submerged in the water. It's a bath for your bottom, essentially. Good for healing stitches, and generally feeling better after birth.

nak

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Emmy, thank you so much for explaining the sitz bath. I'm so glad you found what you needed locally. I hate waiting for mail delivery for stuff you want / need now.

Hmmm, that sounds really nice. Where do you get one (I'm planning a homebirth btw) I'm so glad i finally asked about this cause all along ive been thinking it must be like a regular bath, just different somehow :LOL

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would imagine you can pick one up at any medical supply store, or heavy-duty pharmacy--mine came courtesy of the hospital. They're pretty cheap & simple. I wish I had started mine earlier--I kept thinking since I didn't have many stitches, I wouldn't need it. WRONG. Same for a peri-bottle. I didn't have one, but made do with a bottle of water with a "sports cap". :LOL It did the trick!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I was going to try to get by without my sitz this time, just peri bottle and the handheld shower head and extra long hot showers, but you all are reminding me how nice the sitz is! That afterbirth herb mix sounds wonderful!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts