Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at a loss for what to do about my face. It always seems to break out in little pimples. I have tried just about everything to make them go away and I am starting to suspect that it could be an allergy. Is this possible and how do I go about figuring out WHAT is causeing the break outs? Could it be dairy? Gluten? How do I go about an elimination diet? How long before I would start to see results?<br><br>
I thought it was from my liquid creamer I used in my coffee, I gave that up over a month ago with no noticeable difference. Should I give up all dairy?<br><br>
Please help me out with this. I am so tired of my skin looking just yucky!<br><br>
Christina

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
Well, if you suspect dairy I would take it out 100%. Dairy usually takes a few weeks to clear your system, gluten can take a few months. Every other food should be cleared within a week. Normally you should <i>start</i> to see results within a few days, although it might take longer to fully resolve.<br><br>
I have information on my blog (click my username, then homepage) about how to do an elimination diet, etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I think acne/pimples is definitely your body's way of telling you that something is wrong. I have found that I cannot have coffee, it is the worst offender for me. Which is really sad because I love it. I kept trying it one day here and there, but eventually I would drink it two days in a row, and then have a massive breakout.<br><br>
Dairy is also an offender. I have been trialing butter, and so far ok. But no cheese or yogurt or milk.<br><br>
I have been off gluten for two months and it has made no difference for me.<br><br>
Those are what cause larger pimples for me. But I also have a rash that I think is related to my skin issues that I suspect is candida, so I am actually on a prescription and trying really really hard to reduce sugars and carbs.<br><br>
I think for each person it is different, and you'll find out by trial and error what your triggers are. But if you eliminate, you have to eliminate completely and like the pp said, dairy and gluten hang around for weeks.<br><br>
Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts