Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of the time, looking for the best skin care for pregnancy products require trial and error. You need to consider several factors before you decide which product to use. It gets even more challenging if you are one of those who are looking for the best skin care products for pregnancy.

A Challenge You Have To Face
Even if you find one that you want and have used for a while, but then there will be specific needs in your life that might require you to look for alternatives. It may be the right product for your skin type, or it may address any skin problem you may have at the moment, or it may be the type of application that you are looking for (some products may be more efficient when taken orally) but you want something less invasive like creams, topical solution, liquid form, or bar form. Perhaps, you are going through a phase: an allergic reaction to seasonal changes, a skin condition that goes on and off for no absolute reason at all (like psoriasis), or perhaps, you are pregnant. All these conditions require a lot of considerations.

Fortunately, there are products that are now available online that may address all your concerns at once. It is also a good thing that you have landed on this page, as we have taken the time to do the difficult task for you, so you just have to pick from the several options we have provided on the list below for the best skin care products that will address your current needs.....

· Registered
35 Posts
Hi @Jann278 During pregnancy, we are already making so much adjustment in our life to make sure yourself and our baby will be healthier and stronger. When it comes to a skincare routine, my doc advised me to avoid cosmetics that contain retinol or salicylic acid. Find a product that contains vitamin C with moisturizer and made with organic products.

· Registered
18 Posts
During my recent pregnancy, I kept it simple:
1. Wash with Kiss My Face Naked Pure Olive Oil bar soap, which is nothing by saponified olive oil and salt.
2. Brighten with vitamin C serum (homemade)
3. Moisturize with 100% coconut oil. Works best if applied to moist skin.

This routine is effective, cheap, environmentally friendly, and safe for baby.

· Registered
16 Posts
I was advised to not put anything on my skin that I wouldn't put in my mouth. Solid advice, however I have put on some mascara on a very rare occasion... 🙂
I've never really used many skin care products to begin with, but I do use coconut oil as a moisturiser now.
It smells great and I look good. 😉

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi @Jann 278

I read your article and I think why you advise artificial product in pregnancy.As I am also a mother of 2 years old baby and I would like to add what I tried when I was pregnant I use fresh vegetable and fruit juices like carrot juice, beetroots juice, apple juice, orange juice and vegetable salad e.t.c. I believe home remedies are good choice for every mother.

· Registered
22 Posts
True!! Chemical based products used during pregnancy can adversely affect both mother and babies health. Some chemicals from chemical skincare products can enter our skin and be absorbed into our bloodstream. And studies have found that our moods, immune systems, nervous systems and reproductive systems can be affected by chemicals present in skincare products. These chemicals can harm the baby too. Natural ingredients however are free of chemicals. Therefore, this risk gets removed. So sticking with natural products like Belli and Bella B will not just help deliver a healthy baby, but will also reduce infant’s risk of getting such diseases. Products of Belli and Bella B are natural, plant-derived vegan ingredients and completely safe for the pregnancy.

· Registered
1 Posts
Luckily nowadays, there are many choices of products for pregnant women, from creams to toners and serums. However, I don't think they can do magic with your skin. They can't fight any natural processes. They can make the skin look a little softer and brighter. Injections are what make the actual change in the epidermis. Of course, you must avoid Botox injections during pregnancy. However, we need to be informed about our options. This website, Med Spa Services in Calabasas, CA | OnSite Med Spa, may be helpful for those who are interested. My mother tried botox therapy. I tried filler treatment.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts