Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my 6mo old twins had got rash on their hands from our babysitter.She is suffering from some rash on her neck.
Due to contagion it got to my babies.Even if she keeps them clean, theey got the rash.I could not do anything to prevent as no option other tahn her when I go out for work..,do I ask her to do skin checkups every 3 month and report to me as a preventive measure.Or I let her wear some cloth on her neck, while feeding them.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It's a contagious skin disease? Your children are getting it from the sitter. She has a contagious skin disease on her neck that has passed to your children. She is your only choice for daycare, so you're not sure what to do about it?

How is she treating the skin disease? Is it getting better? What is the disease? Fungus? Bacteria? something else?

Are your twins healing from this disease?

If it is a serious thing, like impetigo, I think I'd work on getting my children healed and change sitters if she cannot get rid of it in herself. It could get serious if it doesn't heal and is resistant to medicine. Even if you feel that she's your only choice, you might want to look for someone else.

If it's something else, than I would wait and see and ask her to cover up her rash and wash her hands frequently.

Here are some pictures of impetigo http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...etigo+pictures

Good luck.
Lisa

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are okay, its about to getting cured..
Got just a bit too worried as cannot see them in grief.Its itchy.
She sweats a lot, has to change her top every now and then.Its very humid here.
I think due to sweat she got some rash.I have intructed her to even change her innerwear twice when she is in our house, so she that hygiene is maintained !
Its very hard to control such matters when you are absent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.