Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I know you can develop allergies during/after pregnancy, and I'm wondering if that has happened to me. Ever since I was pregnant, (now 18 months PP) I've had super dry skin on my face, with these really subtle, tiny red bumps. Thousands of them. Sometimes my face itches because of dryness, and when I itch, these bumps become inflamed and even bleed. People close to me claim to not notice them until I point it out, but my skin feels bumpy to the touch.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'd include a picture if I could figure out how to do it....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I don't use anything on my face (no foundation/powder or moisturizer), aside from all natural soap bars from my local co op (and I've gone without those, with no effect.) I've tried using coconut oil and jojoba oil to moisturize, but they left my skin greasy. I do use Pantene shampoo & conditioner, but have used other things over the past 2 years that this has been a problem (including all natural, organic shampoos...baking soda/apple cider vinegar...other brands of mainstream shampoos) and nothing has helped. I'm wondering if it could be a food allergy? I don't even know where to begin trying to figure that out. My daughter also has bumps on her face that are similar (although they aren't red--but her skin is a darker, more olive tone than mine) and I just wonder if it's something we are eating.</p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts