Mothering Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nephew is visiting and after the 5 hour drive to get here, during which he was in a seldom-used 7th generation diaper, he's got a rash over his midsection - about nipples to knees. Three weeks ago after also wearing a 7th Generation diaper for a long drive he had a milder version of the same thing. It was just clearing up when this one appeared. It's red, slightly raised bumps, not itchy, no fever, no oozing, no diarrhea, and his appetite is the same. What could this be? Just some skin sensitivity to something in the diaper? Or something else?

·
Registered
845 Posts
Does your nephew do other 5 hr drives with a different diaper and not have a problem? Because just a 5 hr drive in the same diaper could cause a rash on any sensitive bottom.<br><br>
I've used 7th Gen diapers for ages and never had a problem, but different bottoms may have different preferences.<br><br>
You could try an experiment and do the drive next time with a different diaper to see his reaction...?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He's usually in cloth with no problems, but for long drives, which don't happen very often, he's in disposables (not the same one for 5 hours). The strange thing is that the rash is now over his whole trunk, not just where the diaper touched him, and that it took so long (3+ weeks) to go away. Very strange.

·
Registered
157 Posts
This is more FYI than anything, but my daughter always got a rash from 7th Gen diapers. We had her in cloth the majority of the time, but used disposables for trips and outings sometimes. Every time I used 7th Gen, she got a rash. Pampers and Huggies never gave her one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts