Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My BF co-sleeping guy goes to sleep between 7:30-8:30pm every night, wakes 3-4x to nurse back to sleep (never fully wakes, just roots around 'til he gets the boob). And is up at 5-5:30am every morning. Lately he takes a 1.5-2 hour nap late morning, up around 12-12:30pm. And that's it, about 11 hours total for the day. He's cranky as a bear later in the afternoon (occ. will nap an hour then, but rare). I don't feel like he's getting enough sleep, but if he isn't ready to sleep I can spend 3 hours trying to get him to sleep and he won't. When he's ready he just drifts off. Though we still have to dance to music to get him down, but that's another thread.<br><br>
Is this just a phase? He's just been working on dropping his second nap for a while, will this even out? He's been so irritable it's making me irritable!

·
Banned
4,450 Posts
Every child is different but mine dropped down to one nap a day at 9 mos and then dropped naps all together at 18 mos. My advice: your child is in between changing sleep patterns. Don't spend more than 12-20 minutes trying to get him to sleep. If it has not worked yet, it will not work and spending more time trying to get him to sleep is futile and frustrating. Just go with his flow. He will probably be a bit grumpy until he sorts his sleep changes out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts