Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter's nighttime habbits have changed for the worse, and my husband and I are TIRED! A few weeks ago she started waking up as much as every hour. It settled down a bit - we decided she was going to bed too early, and once she had a later bedtime it got better. But the awful sleep habits are back. Last night she was up again about every 1 1/2 hours. Once DH was able to pat her back to sleep in her bed, but the other times I had to nurse her back to sleep. I don't know if it's teeth, growth spurt, wanting to co-sleep (we do co-sleep part-time as of lately). I just know we're exhausted. I know there are other mommas out there who can sympathize!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffany21074
hugs mama, that is rough not getting any sleep. Maybe she does want to cosleep? maybe this is her way of letting you know? does she sleep any better with you?
She still wakes up a lot in bed with us, and we get even less sleep. She's a tosser and turner, and we tend to get kicked and wapped in the face
:
We just recently started having her sleep in the crib part of the night, and I thought maybe that had something to do with it, but the last episode of frequent nightwaking that we dealt with about 2 weeks ago was before we moved her to the crib. She'd been sleeping in a bassinette next to our bed.

I'm wondering if we really need to develop some kind of routine. Has that helped anyone with night waking? Last night she went down close to 11:00, usually she goes down about 10:00. She usually wakes about 3-4 times per night, which we are fine with. 8 times, that's too much...

·
Registered
450 Posts
Oh, can I sympathize!! It sucks, doesn't it??? I remember my ds went through a stage (which at the time felt like it lasted FOREVER, but honestly I don't even remember when it was or how long it lasted) where he was waking 6-12 times a night! Ughh! I just have to tell you, as my mom always said, "This too shall pass." It is sooooo true. My son is now 16 months and waking about 3 times a night, which is like heaven compared to the 6-12! Right now I bet you are feeling like 3 times would be a piece of cake, right? While we were going through it, I heard from so many people to let him CIO, but I knew I could never ever do that to my child, and I *knew* he would become a better sleeper on his own time, and he has. There's still room for improvement ;-) but I am here to tell you it WILL get better and just try to get through it and meet his needs...oh, and don't even bother trying to figure out what the heck is making him wake up so much, b/c I never could figure it out, and trying to figure it out just ate up any ounce of energy I did have.
Good luck!

·
Registered
616 Posts
I don't have any advice. I have a frequent night waker too. Just know you're not alone. We are trying NCSS, and the first few nights were better, but now she's gone back to waking every hour or two. It's wearing me down too. I start working on Thursday and I honestly don't know how I will function. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. It's taking a toll on my relationship with DH and I hate that.
:

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
things are bad here too. DD is working on teeth for real this time, and she's also figured out how to stand up alone in the middle of a room... so teeth and new skill are making her stand up everytime ehr teeth wake her up.

Its crazymaking.

The NCSS works well for us, but right now she is dealing with developmental stuff, so I wont try to mess with habits in the midst of that. Just have lower expectations of myself, you might say. And try to do less things that require patience and extra effort!

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm wondering if it's teeth, too. She's been a little whiny during the day, and that is unusual. And she's motoring around a lot, just learning to clinm the stairs, so there's developmental stuff here. I try not to stress, but I am a classic meloncholic and I have to overthink everything and worry about everything and how it's affecting her long term development...
:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.