Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 9 month old DD wakes like every 2-3hours for a feed. I try not to feed her but she just kicks and yells until i do. Its been like this for over a month now. She feeds way more often at night then during the day. What can I do? I am so tired. Its worse than when she was a newborn.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Instead of trying NOT to feed her, I'd try to teach her to latch on by herself so you don't need to wake all the way up.

-Angela
So do i just sleep with out a top and roll over to see if she figures it out? I think i will try this.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alegna View Post
Instead of trying NOT to feed her, I'd try to teach her to latch on by herself so you don't need to wake all the way up.

-Angela
I second this. My daughter still eats all night, but I feel so much less sleep deprived now that I don't have to wake up to feed her. When she wakes up I just roll over and pull my shirt up for her (it's too cold here to sleep topless!). Lifesaver.

·
Registered
42,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lydiah View Post
So do i just sleep with out a top and roll over to see if she figures it out? I think i will try this.

I usually sleep in REALLY big men's tank tops and slip a boob out the arm hole. The key for me is to get so I just have to stretch or scootch a tiny bit, babe finds nipple, everyone's back off to sleep.

First few times you might need to use your hand to point the boob/nipple her direction, but I bet she'll catch on fast

-Angela

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
That has been a real lifesaver here, too. I don't sleep without a shirt on (it's too cold, and I leak like crazy still) but I sleep in a thin strapped tank with a built in bra and when ds2 wakes up to eat I lower the strap and take out my boob, help him get it in his mouth and we both go back to sleep. I feel so much more rested because I'm not having to wake up compleatly, and Des is still able to eat... we're both happy!
:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.