Mothering Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DD is 4.5 weeks old, and has gone on somewhat of a sleep strike! She will only sleep if one of us is holding her, with the exception of usually one nap during the day, when she will deign to be in her car seat. She is in a co-sleeper, will not be swaddled (she just wakes herself up fighting it...or used to, maybe we should try again?), and, for a variety of reasons, bringing her into the bed with her is not an option. It seems mostly that she does not like to lie flat; she is more content in the car seat than in swing, bouncy seat, etc. And she won't sleep in the pak 'n play during the day.<br><br>
Any suggestions? I'd love to use a wrap or sling during the day, but either I need lessons or she just doesn't like being that crunched up. She is pretty content to sleep in the Baby Bjorn if I'm up or out and about.<br><br>
Nighttime is what's really getting us down, though. No sleep for me - I may catch 45 minutes here or tehre while she is on my chest, but that's it!

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is probably not what you want to hear (I know because I've been there!), but I think that your DD is completely normal. My babe did not really nap or sleep without being held until about 12 weeks, though sometimes we had luck putting him on his tummy. He slept mostly on DH's chest at night and napped on me during the day. He is now 3.5 months and is napping on me as I sit here, but will usually sleep a couple 2-3 hour chunks by himself at night, though it takes a while to get him down (he does not stay asleep after nursing, needs to be walked, etc). Maybe try swaddling again or a good wrap. Hugs to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts