Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stay up late at night and get up late in the morning. It is really not a huge deal because we homeschool. The thing is I could use some more daylight hours to get things done and I am trying to start up childcare in my home so I may need to be awake for that.

The thing is no matter what time I do go to bed I still sleep late and I am tired in the morning. I really should not need nine or ten hours of sleep at my age should I? I am 33, not pregnant, not nursing, no little ones waking me up, no insomnia. I think the sleep is just a bad habit or something.

Is there anything I can do or an herb I can take to help me to wake up in the morning and feel more energetic?

·
Registered
5,573 Posts
Do you snore? Maybe you aren't getting deep sleep because you might have apnea and are waking yourself throughout the night. I would look in to that

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed...phase_syndrome

I have met people who are able to use light therapy and melatonin to keep an earlier schedule, but the minute something happens that requires staying up late their clock resets and it's a battle all over again. Before I learned about circadian rhythem disorders I would lable what I had as "insomnia" and wonder what was wrong with me that I seemed to be tired in the AM no matter how much I slept. I also could NOT SLEEP earlier in the night no matter how sleep deprived I was from the night before.

Your issue may not rise to this level, but it's not well known so I like to mention it just in case.

·
Registered
565 Posts
It doesn't sound like you have trouble sleeping - just that you are sleeping alot, right?
Some people do need lots of sleep.
Something to consider would be metabolism - how's your thyroid?
Do you have good energy throughout the day once you get going?

Quote:
Is there anything I can do or an herb I can take to help me to wake up in the morning and feel more energetic?
I've had great results w/ Fatigue Fighter formula. Helps when I'm feeling run down or particularly frazzled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.