Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Briefly describe your family's sleeping arrangements - I'm curious. Our kids are 8 and 11 and have their own bedroom right next to ours which they share. We co-slept exclusviely though toddlerhood and then transitioned to their own beds. There have been many variations in sleeping arrangements over the years, but for the most part right now our 11 year old goes to sleep in her own bed and stays there the entire night. Occasionally(once every week or so) she migrates to our bed midway through the night. Our 8 year old goes to sleep in her own bed with me(I get up once she is sleeping) and often(most nights) migrates to our bed midway through the night. On weekends we often all sleep together, usually falling asleep after watching a movie.

·
Registered
356 Posts
My girls are 7 and nearly 10, and they share a room, each in their own beds. We co-slept in various ways until my little one was 4.5. The girls did share a queen bed at one point, but my littlest is a bed hog and would constantly crowd her sister right out of bed.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
We co-slept with dd until about 1 month before ds arrived and dd wanted to move her bed through to her own room, which she then helped paint + decorate etc she was just coming up for 3 (goodness it sounds awfully young) and we still co-sleep with ds, dd comes into our bed about twice or three times a week, but often then goes back to her own bed - it all depends on the situation really. DS now starts off in his toddler bed, he wanted to be in the same room as his sister and in fact we often find THEM co-sleeping but he always comes through to nurse during the night. I know we're not at 8 years old yet but I thought I'd just add my tuppence worth!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts