Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 23mo dd has gone from 13 hours of sleep to 9.5 in the last month or two. i guess it all started with the season change, she went from waking at 6am to waking at 4:30 am. that was about 2 months ago. then about a month ago she started staying awake at bedtime. i usually put them to bed at 6:30 and she would fall asleep at 7 and sleep till 6am. now she runs around her room and cries and plays with her sister till 8 or 8:30pm each night. i got a new bed for her and her sister a week or two ago. i tried to have them both sleep in it, but that didnt work, so i put dd2 in a toddler bed about 4 days ago. we also went camping 2 weeks ago and that seemed to screw up her schedule too. she went to bed at 9:30 and got up at 5am for two days. her naps have been getting worse too. she naps for about an hour to an hour and half, where she used to nap for two. sometimes she won't nap at all. it is 6am right now, and she is cranky and ready for bed, but she won't sleep. AHHHHH!!!!!<br>
she has been sick several times in the past two weeks too. i am a little worried about her health. she has had stomach viruses, a rash yesterday, and a low grade fever sporatically. please help.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
That must be really frustrating.<br><br>
It sounds like you're doing your best to create an environment where she'll sleep. You mention a lot of changes, most of them out of your control, over the past few weeks -- longer daylight, sickness, travel -- plus a new bed!! It sounds normal that she's having trouble winding down.<br><br>
I think you might just need to ride it out, stay consistent with creating a good sleeptime routine, and eventually she'll even back out.<br><br>
Both of my girls slept in the car a lot. We used it as a last resort whenever they wouldn't sleep and we really needed them to take a nap or go to bed. Could you take her for a drive? Plan an errand at naptime? At least get her caught up on some sleep to help her immune system and cut down on the crankiness.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the car doesn't work to well for her. she will fall asleep in it at nap time, but then she will wake up if i try to take her out, and will only sleep in it for about half an hour.<br>
i going to take them for a three or four day camping trip in 4 days, but now i am thinking t might be too hard for her.<br>
thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts