Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first time in my life where I go to sleep on my side, and wake up sleeping on my back. I have a pillow basically supporting the arch of my back so my uterus is sort of tilted off the major blood vessels, but it's just weird to me! I don't sleep on my back when I'm not pregnant, and I've *never* just randomly started sleeping on my back during pregnancy.

How are other people sleeping these days? Anyone else turning into a back sleeper during pregnancy?

·
Registered
363 Posts
omg all i want to do is sleep on my back and i never want to sleep on my back! so i lay on my back for like 5 min and then it starts hurting and i have to go back to my side where my arm falls asleep and i wake up every hour. haha.

i do pretty well if i can get a nice high stack of pillows for my knee and sleep on my side with my top knee out to the side. it gives my belly lots of room, and i usually put a little pillow under my belly to support it too. when i get comfortable, it feels SO good. and then i relax and then i have to go pee, of course!

·
Registered
4,164 Posts
I'm normally a back sleeper for at least part of the night, so it's making me crazy to not be able to stay on my back for long.

My arrangement is so confusing.

Pillow rolled up and put against the crack where the bed hits the wall.

Queen sized down comforter loosely folded and put on top of that.

My regular pillow placed inside the down comforter nest.

That lets me say semi-reclined and also keep pressure off my shoulder and keep my head from being at a weird angle.

Then I put a pillow between my knees and under my stomach.

Then I have a body pillow that I pull as tightly against my back as I can, so that I can roll slightly back and have it keep me supported and not on my back completely. I also pull the bottom of the body pillow between my ankles.

Then I wake up and have to pee. Repeat.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.