Mothering Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Is this possible?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, you can see the basics here: <a href="http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1291208/severe-diaper-rash-as-indicator-of-allergy-update-new-question-13">http://www.mothering.com/community/forum/thread/1291208/severe-diaper-rash-as-indicator-of-allergy-update-new-question-13</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>But these last 3 nights, since we switched him to a BM bottle at bedtime instead of formula, he's slept longer, woken for shorter periods, less often, and eaten less on waking.  At night we were up to 20 oz of formula from 8-7, but the last 2 nights I've done it with 6 oz of BM, and maybe 4 of formula. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Just wondering if this is part of the same big picture or something else. </p>

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
<p>Sorry, I'm in a hurry and didn' read the previous thread, but I wanted to respond.  Ds's major symptom was sleeplessness caused by bellyaches.  The pedi didn't believe there was anything wrong, but ds was diagnosed with severe food allergies and required an epi-pen.  Prior to removing the allergens (most of which he had received through my breastmilk), his sleeplessness was ridiculous.  He didn't nap from about age 5 months.  His longest period of sleep at night was 1.5 hours (which he did once/night).  His typical length of sleep was closer to 30-45 minutes, then waking for 1-3 hours, then snoozing for 30-45 minutes.  His total sleep was a fraction of what is typical.  He screamed and sobbed for hours on end, even when I was holding him.  When the allergens were removed, he not only sleep---he sleep PEACEFULLY.  He was so extreme in his grunting, groaning, tossing, turning, twisting, grimacing.  I had forgotten was normal baby sleep was like.  He just closed his eyes and rested, and it felt like a miracle.</p>

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
<p>sleeplessness (no naps, waking up 12-14 times a night) was a big indicator of food intolerances for DS and DD2. And when DS was older, it took him about one and a half hours to fall asleep, after taking out his food triggers, he was asleep in 5-10 minutes. So I'd say it's part of that same picture.</p>

·
Registered
904 Posts
<p>Yes, sleep issues are a major indicator for us too. In the 2.5 months since we started eliminating foods, DD has gone from waking 8-10 times most nights and often staying awake for 2-3 hours in the middle of the night, to usually waking 4-6 times and never staying awake more than a few minutes. I know she's still reacting to something we're eating, too, so I have hopes for even more improvement.</p>

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
<p>At my dd's worse, she slept no longer than 45 minutes at a time. She is 4.5 now and sleeps 12 hours every night and only occasionally wakes up to pee! It is heavenly!</p>

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
<p>typing 1 handed but yes, my kids get this way when they have s'thing they're allergic to.</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts