Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should I wake my dd up to feed her? Last night she slept form 10-10:30 PM to 8AM.
As far as weight, she gained 2 pounds 2 oz since birth.

Edited to add: b/c of her sleeping through the night almost immediately after she was born, I've already had 2 AF's

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
I wouldn't wake her, but make sure her weight is ok. (and that she is peeing and pooping) my ds has slept through the night for a long time (we co-sleep) he is almost 4 months. He gains 18 lbs though, so I know I don't have to wake him anymore..
enjoy your sleep!

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
I've heard that bigger babies tend to sleep through the night earlier than others. As long as she's gaining well, I don't see any need to wake her. Enjoy your sleep!

I had to wake my 'little' baby at night the first few months but she wasn't gaining well. So she has always nursed at night (she's now 16 mo) and I still got AF back when dd was 3 months.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I don't think you babe sleeping through the night has anything to do with AF... because my DD is 7 months, still wakes 6-10 times a night and I only had my AF returned every 29 days within 4 weeks of her birth!!!

As far as the sleeping goes, as long as the weight gain is good... ENJOY!!!! It may not last forever, so enjoy it while you have it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.