Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen CLO recommended on this board many times as an immune system booster (or at least that was my understanding). I know it provides Omega-3s, Vit A, and Vit D but flax seed oil does all of these too without the possibility of mercury or other metals. So my question is, (why) is CLO superior to flax seed oil? What exactly is the function of CLO and why is it (along with sodium ascorbate) one of the most frequently suggested supplements on this board when people ask about boolstering the immune system?....just got to thinking and I didn't know the answers.<br><br>
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It is my understanding that it is the VIT A & D in CLO that helps your body in viral infections -a virus uses up the VIT A -<br><br><br>
Flax seed oil has no Vit A or D-at least not the flax I have has none .<br><br>
The sodium ascorbate is a form of vit C that the body uses up easier -see Hilarys threads on this .

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Where omega-3 lipid metabolism is concerned, cold water fish oils allow you to go straight to the EPA & DHA. With flax oil, your body has to convert linolenic acid & people don't always have adequate enzyme activity &/or nutrient cofactors to make the conversions.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Out of curiosity, what is CLO? Cod Liver Oil?<br>
Gossamer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts